Thursday, March 6, 2014

Random Thursday - My Grammy Nomination

1) A few evenings ago, I was giving the performance of my life while showering and singing a few of my favorite tunes from "Frozen". After a few minutes I hear Sophie crying in the bedroom as Jeff drys her hair. Apparently, my singing was "hurting" her ears. I kid you not - she was all out crying....real tears and all! I was shocked because I thought I was most certainly on the verge of receiving a Grammy nomination.
 
2) So incredibly blessed and thankful for God's little interventions. I was having some "moments" this morning on my way to work and through a series of events God intervened and dropped a dear friend right in my path exactly when I needed her. As we started chatting, I soon realized that she needed me too. He was dropping us both in each others paths this morning and as we realized it - we started praising Jesus and basking in his infiniate glory. To quote my precious friend - "we went to church this morning" without even realizing we were headed that way! Praise God for his goodness and constant reminders of the many ways he loves and takes care of us!
 
3) My new style "icon" (yeah, that is not something I normall have) is Lupita Nyong'o. Every single thing that she has worn during awards season this year has been beyond amazing!! She looks simply stunning and just oozes class which so refreshing!
 
 
4) Yes, please! He still has my heart! When he quoted his lines from one my most favorite movies ever ("Dazed and Confused") while accepting his award at the Oscars AND with that Texas twang.....I about melted right off my seat. Alright, alright, alright - just keep livin!
 
 
4) I would say someone is aging well. Ya still got it Uncle Jesse! Sophie is now obsessed with "Full House" and while watching an episode a few evenings ago Sophie told me that Uncle Jesse was one of her favorite people on the show. She said that she loved his face, his clothes, his hair....you get the picture. I thought it was the cutest thing ever but you should have seen the look on Jeff's face. His eyes were as big as saucers and he looked kinda pale. And so it begins.......
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment