Monday, March 3, 2014

Mommy Monday - Class of 2027

It's official!
 
Saturday afternoon we received our acceptance letter from Silverdale Baptist Academy telling us the good news that Sophie had been accepted!!! We feel so incredibly excited and blessed and praise God for this opportunity to provide Sophie with a faith-based eduction.
 
While I do believe that the vast majority of students are accepted - you just never know until you receive that official sheet of paper. Of course in my mind, I had created all sorts of scenerios for why she would not get accepted so needless to say, mommy is breathing alot easier now!!
 
Along with Sophie's acceptance letter, they also included this little jewel -
 
 
Sophie's Class of 2027 t-shirt!!! Could you not just die?!
 
What a wonderful and creative way to share the good news when people are accepted! Jeff actually walked in the house holding the shirt up as a surprise (apparently he had already dove into the packet of information before even making it inside the house). I must admit that it took me a few seconds to even figure out what the heck he was doing but once I did, it was time to celebrate!
 
Wouldn't it have been ideal to now post a picture of Sophie in her shirt? Well, apparently that is going to take some coaxing and bribing because as she told me - "That's a boys shirt mommy and boy colors. Why did they send me a boy's shirt?" Yeah, I may have to work on this issue quickly otherwise the next 13 years are going to be a tough road.
 
Class of 2027 - that will blow your mind right?! Oh my girl is growing up so fast and I have yet to find a way to slow it all down! I guess that means there is now only one option left - bring on the heavy meds!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment