Thursday, March 27, 2014

Random Thursday - Under Attack

Do you ever feel like you are under attack?
 
We have so many things to do and not enough time to do them right?! Did I play with Sophie enough today? Where is time going, she is growing up so fast!! Did I give Jeff everything he needed today? Was I present during our conversations when he was chatting away about something important to him or did I zone out and make the grocery list in my head? Oh no, the grocery list. What meals are we going to have next week and what all do we need? Our weekend is jam packed, when are we going to even have the time for the grocery store? I need to pick up some new clothes for myself and Sophie for spring/summer. Oh geez......I need to drop a few pounds before spring/summer.
 
You get the picture?! And that is just skimming the surface my friends! Yes, my head is a scary place but I know that sadly, I am not alone!
 
We recently completed a study in our SS class at church about Spiritual Warfare. I found this study so incredibly interesting and disturbingly true. For example, have you ever noticed how Sunday mornings seem to be the hardest morning to get up? Somehow, we always find a way to run late, hit every red light, and argue the whole way to church.
 
Satan ONLY wants to steal, kill, and destroy and he will do this by any means possible! Sometimes I feel like we do not give him enough credit for how masterful and powerful he and his tactics are!! The closer you are to God, the harder he works.
 
Personally, he has really been attacking me lately with a few of the gems I referenced above as well as some deeper concerns. Doubt, anxiety, and fear! An especially soft spot for me is my personal health because of my cancer history. This is an area where I know Satan only needs the window cracked a teeny tiny bit and he will slither his way into my thoughts.
 
In recent weeks, it seems as though I have randomly come across multiple stories about young moms who have died or are striken with cancer. Some even with Melanoma which was my personal diagnosis almost 10 years ago. While time may soften these "wounds", the fear is always there. Fear of leaving behind my family, my husband, and worse of all - my sweet baby girl. Even as I type this, it is hard to share because I can feel him knocking at the door wanting me to vocalize more of those fearful thoughts and how they sometimes haunt me. The more I vocalize them then the more they are recognized and the more real they become. Then, without really meaning, the more I allow the fear to take over.
 
Last week, I had my yearly checkup and they had to remove a suspicious area that had grown back after being removed a year ago. After calling in another doctor for a second opinion (yeah, if that doesn't shake you to the core nothing will) they worried the lab was wrong in their original diagnosis and decided to remove again, only deeper this time and another biopsy.....just in case there was something "trying to happen" there. Praise God, I received the news yesterday of negative results however, it took me back to that place of pure raw fear all over again.
 
But guess what???! Do you know what the most amazing, blessed, and glorious news of all is?
WE DO NOT HAVE TO FEAR!
WE DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY!
Our heavenly Father reminds us time and time again that he WANTS to take that burden from us!!
 
Philippians 4:6-8
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."
 
Those feelings of doubt, anxiety, worry, and concern only come from one place - Satan and his army.
 
1 Peter 5:8-9
 "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings."
 
The joke is on them because while they may be mighty, they are no match for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ because through him all blessings flow!
 
Satan wants to rob me of the pure joy of running and playing with Sophie by planting doubts about myself as mother.
 
Satan wants to rob me of the wonderful blessing and sanctity of being married to my best friend by placing doubts about myself as a wife.
 
Satan wants to rob me of enjoying the blessing of another day to breath in deeply and enjoy this wonderful life my Heavenly Father has blessed me with by helping me to become consumed with my "to do" list.
 
Satan, most of all, wants to rob me of my relationship with Jesus Christ by casting fear and worry over my future whether it be with health, how to pay a bill, or when the grocery shopping will get done.
 
Satans only comes to steal, kill, and destroy but it's not happening here! I REFUSE to give him that power! I have seen how powerful my Lord is and witnessed his magesty time and time again. I know the glory of his love for me and that is where I CHOOSE to stand - no matter what! I stand strong and proud with my armor of God and my ALMIGHTY army of Jesus Christ!
 
Psalm 28: 7-9
"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,and with my song
I give thanks to him."
 
Can I get an Amen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment