Friday, February 28, 2014

Fabulous Friday - Good Reads

I am oh so ready for the weekend! Oh.so.ready!
Can I get an "Amen"?!
 
A few super fabulous things that I am loving right now -
 
 
Melanie Shankle is AMAZING! Like, I want her to be my BFF - perhaps borderline restraining order. I got to her meet her while at a conference in September and litterly did the fast mall walk across rows of empty chairs while trying not to trip over myself and be cool and casual as I introduced myself to her. My poor friend that was with me was left in my dust as I am sure she tried to pretend as though she did not know who I was. Can't say I blame her at that moment in time. Melanie (bc we are apparently on a first name basis now...at least in my mind) was of course amazing and I kept waiting after our 1 minute conversation for her to tell me that we were sole mates and totally needed to become facebook friends and start chatting and planning road trips for our hubbys to meet so we can all hang out together. My point is that her writing is so good - you feel like you know her. You feel as though she is one of your girlfriends.....so much so that maybe, you might possibly confuse it with the reality that she has no clue who you really actually are.    
 
Melanie Shankle is a hilarious Christian author who also writes the Big Mama blog. When I say hilarious, I mean tears streaming down your face funny! Her newest book that I referenced above consists of her sharing stories from her life and her personal marriage journey with her hubby. It is just always nice to know you are not alone.
 
Her first book, if you have not already read it -
 

is about the hilarious journey of motherhood. Again, another FANTASTIC and easy read!
 
Just envision this - kiddos are in bed, a bathtub full of warm water, candles, a glass of wine, and one of these books! BAM!
 
Have a great weekend!!
 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment