Monday, December 9, 2013

Mommy Monday - Mommy Torture

Family pictures have been taken, Christmas cards have been sent and I think (fingers crossed) I still have all my hair - praise the Lord!

Family pictures should be illegal! I know I have talked about it before but it's like pure Mommy torture for beginning about 3 weeks before they happen. On top of that, you have all the simply fabulous family pictures posted on Pinterest where everyone looks stress free and perfectly color coordinated but not too matchy matchy. Then, you somehow fall under the impression that if they (people who you do not even know much less if it is even a real family) can do it, so can I! I mean really, it can't be that hard right?! Wrong! Then you proceed to search your closet and all over town for the next few weeks to find the perfect outfits.

Day of pictures involve lots of running around, high blood pressure, and sweat because thats what happens in my world when I am running around like a mad woman. And of course it is like my body knows that I have my hair and makeup perfectly done so now would be the best time to cue a good sweat as I try to get everyone dressed and out of the door on time. Afterall, nothing looks better in a family picture then dried sweat on Mommy's face and hair. Always a flattering look!

Of course as we arrive to meet with the photographer I totally try to play it off like I have not run the race of my life for the past 3 weeks leading up to this moment in time. Then, as much as I love my best little girlfriend, she is stilll a bit cautious when it comes to a "stranger" taking her picture. With loved ones, she hams it up for the camera but for someone she doesn't know all that well, they will more then likely receive her infamous fire starter glare. As all of this is happening, all I can continously chat over and over again inside my head is - just one...just one good picture, that is all we need. Just one! Luckily we have an amazing photographer who did a wonderful job and captured many precious family moments.....in addition to a few fire starter shots as well!

As I said before - our family pictures are completed and we even came out on the other side with three great pictures to place on our Christmas card so I was happy mama....sweat, high blood pressure, and all!

Our family Christmas card -

And a few other of our favorite pictures she captured -

No comments:

Post a Comment