Monday, August 5, 2013

Mommy Monday - Happy Birthday Mama!

Saturday evening we celebrated my mama's birthday! I am not even kidding when I tell you that this woman only looks younger with age. If I told you her age (don't worry Mom, I won't), you would most certainly agree with me!

 Let's hope it is in the genes!!

Sophie and the birthday girl!

We had a wonderful birthday dinner which involved some of my favorite things (even though it wasn't my special day) - family, Italian food, and cookie cake. My hips my say otherwise, but I don't think it gets any better!

After dinner, we headed to the park to hang out and listen to some music.




How beautiful right?! It was one of "those" nights. The kind where the sunset is brilliant shades of pink, crickets are chirping, and there is just a hint of a cool breeze. When all you want to do is lean your head back, close your eyes, and take it all in. It certainly does not hurt that we also happen to live in a beautiful city with an amazing waterfront!


Overall, a birthday success! For all those years I never understood why my mom would say that all she wanted for her birthday was all of us to be together. I always thought that she must just say that because she is a mom and that is what you are supposed to say. However, now having a child of my own, I totally get it. Add it to the list of 997,643 other things that I now understand better because I am a mama.

Thank you for special nights such as these heavenly Father and thank you for our Mom!

Happy Birthday Mama and Gigi!
We all love you so very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment