Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wifey Wednesday - Un-Committed

We had a wonderful sermon this past Sunday about being Un-Committed in your marriage. I was very touched by it and it appeared that many within the congregation were as well. Of course I can only speak for my own marriage but I would be willing to bet that we all needed to hear it!

Our pastor spoke of how marriage is God's idea and design. Our marriage's are shadows of God's great design and glory. I don't know about you but that makes me a bit nervous because I know there are certainly times when our marriage is not reflecting God's design or glory.

He spoke of how we all live in a fallen world and are sinners by nature. We do not have God's thoughts in our head because we have sin. Due to this and our fallen world, our concept of marriage has been corrupted. This was not God's original plan for us.

That sin that lives inside of us leads to all sorts of problems in our marriage. Most Christians get divorced because of money, communication issues, lifestyle or intellectual differences, all of which are trivial reasons. This is because our foundation is not rooted in Christ and we become to much of a reflection of the world around us.   

Jesus saves marriages and can restore homes but we must first seek him together. We cannot make less of what God makes much of. We must model our marriage for the next generation and our children. One day we want to be able to tell our child's future spouse and in-laws that we have done everything we can do to show them how to love their spouse and being a Godly husband/wife. In turn, wouldn't that be a wonderful blessing to hear from someone hoping to spend the rest of their life with your child? 

Please know that these are just my notes that I wanted to share. If you would like to hear the much better version of my choppy cliff notes, Click Here to hear the sermon or Click Here to watch the sermon.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment