Monday, September 16, 2013

Mommy Monday - Bring on the Mom Squad!

Thank you for joining us. I will be your captain for today as you are entering a 24 hour negative free zone. Please refrain from all negativitiy and access an emergency exit should you feel the need to impact our zone with direct or indirect negativity.  


I am fasting - 24 hours of a negative free attitude! These were the instructions I read this morning as I sat down to begin my bible study. Of course my first thought was - whew, thank goodness I am not being asked to refrain from food. Then, hmm...yeah, I am not sure Monday is going to be the best day to start this fast. Maybe another day??! Doing as I am told though and today is the day. As long as no one asks me how I feel about our President, I should be good. Just kidding....kinda.

Truth be told though, the fast is actually great timing. This week, I really want to focus on nothing but positivity and "cleansing" as we draw closer to the dotMOM event this weekend.

dotMOM Conference

I want to prepare myself to be a vessel for our heavenly Father during this conference. As I have said before, the dotMOM conference has been such a huge blessing in my life. I have really enjoyed my time volunteering for such a worthy event so a few weeks ago when it was mentioned that we still needed volunteers for the "Mom Squad", I dove right in. Now, I know that you may be thinking that this squad thing sounds like I need to be driving a minivan and wearing mom jeans.


Thankfully though, you would be wrong.

The Mom Squad are on call prayer warriors for the conference. Should anyone need council or prayer during the two days, they can grab one of us. I am hungry to do more and this opportunity excites me. I want to surrender my life to him and truly have only Jesus at the center. However, it is amazing to see how anytime we are doing God's work and drawing closer to him, the devil will cast doubts. 

Is this something I am even qualified to do?
What if I don't know what to say or how to pray?
What if I pray wrong?
What if I don't help someone the right way?
What if I stumble over my words?

*** Please note that these thoughts occured last week as we are still in a negative free zone. *** 

That is when I realized that the devil is just trying to cast doubt. When he causes me to stop and doubt myself or my walk with God, he wins. Anything that he can do to draw me closer to him and away from our Lord, he will do it. The devil has strong power and is not afraid to use it but too bad for him that I know better. I know that my heavenly Father loves me unconditionally. He understands that I am only human and will sometimes become weak in the flesh but that is why he is always there for me. In those moments I can turn to him and he will make me strong beacause I am his child. I am following the path he has laid out for me so through him anything is possible!

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Bring on the Mom Squad (minus the mom jeans and minivan)!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment