Thursday, September 12, 2013

Random Thursday - Brenda and Brandon Anyone?

Time for my Public Service Announcement -

If you have not already bought your ticket for the dotMOM conference coming to Chattanooga next weekend - there is still time!!! Grab a babysitter, some girlfriends, and make a weekend of it!


I PROMISE that this is going to be a wonderful weekend for us mommies to come together in worship to refresh our minds and bodies! If nothing else, at least click on the link above to check it out.

You do not want to miss out on this weekend of blessings and nourishment!

In other news -
While watching TV the other night I came across the final epsiode of Beverly Hills 90210 (the one and only ORIGINAL 90210, not to be confused with the knock off current one) which is of course one of my favorites. Hello, Donna and David get married. I cry everytime!


Do you remember that song that Eric Benet sings for their first dance - "Spend My Life With You"? I loved that song so much and swore through my stream of tears that when it was my wedding day, we were going to dance to the same beautiful song as Donna and David. Then, a few years later when the world found out that Eric Benet was cheating on his wife Halle Berry, I thought that maybe not so much on that song for a first wedding dance.

As I dried my tears, I looked up and realized that the next episode was the pilot episode for 90210.  I am not even kidding, I may have started crying tears of joy again.


Oh Brenda and Brandon Walsh, be still my heart! I got to meet the whole crew for the very first time again and it was a true thing of true beauty. Funny though how my perspective has changed since watching it 45 years ago. All I could think about when Brenda was "changing" to fit in and putting on all the globs of makeup and leaving the house in her black sequin mini dress to go out with her new friends, is how if I was her mama I would be dragging her butt right back in that house and we would be packing up the boxes and moving back to good 'ole Minnesota. 

On a brighter note, since my sister is pregnant twins right now, the show did inspire me to share with her my most amazing suggestion for names. Yup, you guessed it. Brenda and Brandon!! I mean seriously, could you even imagine how awesome that would be?! Then, she offered up an equally fabulous suggestion of her own by telling me that if I got pregnant with twins I could then name them Kelly and Dylan. Or Donna and David?! But then for a brother and sister that might kind of be weird. Maybe I will just take one for the team this time and let her have Brenda and Brandon. Just because I am that awesome of a sister. 

You are welcome little sis!


No comments:

Post a Comment