Thursday, September 26, 2013

Random Thursday - One of Each!

My sister and her brother-in-law had the family over this weekend for their gender reveal party and she did a wonderful job with the decorations. As I have always known, she was lucky enough to inherit this crafty/decor gene from my mom while I was lucky enough to get my Daddy's decoration skills with my mama's hunger for shopping and styling. That's a deadly combo I tell ya!

Anyways, as everyone arrived we were ask to choose cute little mustaches or super fab red lips based on our baby gender gamble. For the most part, everyone chose lips and mustaches. However, Jeff said he was going to play the odds and chose two mustaches.....?!?! This is why he is not allowed to gamble.

Our crazy group with our guesses before the big reveal!

Me and my girl were on the same page and betting the house on boy/girl!

The proud parents to be with their parents before cutting into the cakes. My sister is 16 weeks pregnant with twins and does not even look pregnant. I looked like I was pregnant with triplets at 6 weeks! Yeah, I am not jealous at all!!

Obviously the most awesome part of a gender reveal party is the actual part where you reveal the gender. Bet you had no idea I was going to say that did you?! Let me just tell you, the awesome things about twins is that you get two gender reveal parties in one. After the first reveal you still get to have another!! 

They ask their parents to cut into the cakes to reveal the genders of each baby. The color of the inside of the cake was dependent on the gender and they also had M&M's on the inside of the cakes so as you cut into it either blue or pink M&M's would spill out. 

Josh's parents cut into the first cake and blue spilled out! Twin A is a boy!!!! Let's take a moment to really analyze this picture. If you will notice my dad on the far right in the pink shirt. Look at his reaction. Apparently, he has some pent up frustration (which we were all unaware of) on the overwhelming amount of estrogen in our family. We were fairly shocked by his reactionclassic!  

Our parents cut the second cake and pink spilled out - Twin B is a girl!!!!


What a special day!!! We are so very excited and blessed by these two special gifts that God has given our families! Now, it is time to name these angels. I am still fighting for Brenda and Brandon - we could even play the 90210 theme song as they were delivered...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment