Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wifey Wednesday - Football Time In Tennessee!

Jeff and I had a wonderful date day this past Saturday with about 90,000 of our closest friends for Tennessee's home opener. 



Football season is here!!!!

Anytime we drive into Knoxville for a football game, I just want to stop for a moment, close my eyes, and take it all in. I love seeing the top of North and South Carrick Hall in the distance as we round the interstate. I remember those first few days of nerves when I moved in for my freshman year of college and began what would soon be one of the best chapters of my life. 

I remember the first time I attended a football game with my Daddy when I was younger and the electricity in the air. I remember the first time I heard John Ward's voice on the radio - "He's to the 15 to the 10 to the 5, Touchdown Big Orange!"

I learned so much about life and myself during my five years at Tennessee. Most especially, I  made life long friends with whom I share many memories. Some memories will bring tears of laughter while others could potentially be used as blackmail should one of us ever decide to make a run for political office one day.  

At Tennessee it is just not about the school. It is about so much more. Something that runs much deeper. Something that you just cannot quite explain. It is about tradition, a way of life, and a sense of pride.


1998 was a legendary year and also my freshman year of college. That year we won the National Championship - WOW!!!! This goal post and banner is from that year and our huge win against Florida which really began the journey. I remember being on the field after the game and celebrating the victory as we all tried to avoid getting trampled as they carried the goal post out of the stadium, through campus, and down "the strip". I think I may still have some grass from the field somewhere too!  


Now times have changed and we tailgate with our family and friends. No more tearing down goal posts for us. Instead, we set up and tear down our tailgate festivities. However, still making memories!


Can you even believe she is 7 months pregnant...with her second one?!? She is amazing and that belly did not slow her down for one second! We got her through the first game (she's a champ I tell ya!) and are keeping our fingers crossed to get her through the Georgia game before baby Beau arrives!



When the day comes for Sophie to choose her college, we will of course support her no matter where she decides to attend. However, you better believe that between now and then, she will bleed nothing but orange and white!

No comments:

Post a Comment