Monday, March 4, 2013

Mommy Monday - MNM's

As much as I love M&M candies (especially in a tub of buttery popcorn at the movie theatre), I am actually referencing a different type of MNM's - Mommies Need Mommies. The longer I am a mommy, the more I realize the importance of having your mommy network. Women who love you, encourage you, and can relate to your life. Sometimes all you need is to hear from others that you are not alone and/or crazy and that there are other mommies out there with the same obstacles as you!

Through my new world of blogging I have come across some amazing and Godly women who share their lives as mommies and wives. It was through one of these blogs that I recently discovered the .MOM Conference. The annual Lifeway conference is described as "a weekend that will encourage and refresh you, connect you with other moms, celebrate motherhood, and draw you closer to Christ.  dotMOM is for moms of all ages with kids of all ages."

Are you kidding me? Sign me up and when do we leave?! What a genius concept and awesome opporotunity for moms to come together in fellowship while sharing stories and laughter! Apparently they have the conference in many different locations so be sure to find the one closest to you. As for my girlfriends reading this right now - mark your calendar for our girls weekend. Best part of all is that we get to stay local!

While reading all about the dotmom conference, I stumbled upon http://thebigmamablog.com/. I loved reading her blog and even discovered that this multitasking mama has recently written a book!! I figured that with a title such as "Sparkly Green Earrings" the book and author were def someone I would love! Its a fun read about the good, the bad, the ugly, and most of all the tremendous blessing of mommyhood. It has received nothing but rave reviews and I seriously cannot wait to get to the bookstore this week to snatch it up!

All of this mommy girl power has me fired up!! Maybe I should start the MNM network. Our first meeting will be held at the movie theatre over some buttery popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment