Thursday, March 7, 2013

Random Thursday - Heaven is For Real

Did you catch the History Channels Sunday evening debut of  "The Bible" miniseries? It was beyond words! It really amazed me to see how these stories that I know so well, came to life on the television. It made me realize that sometimes I forget how they were living and breathing human beings just as we are today! I have known these stories my entire life and yet watching them in motion touched me and moved me! And as much as I love (even though I shouldn't) my junk tv, it sure was nice for a change to watch something that does not involve horrible language and alot of inappropriate sex related scenes.

If you missed it this past Sunday, no need to fear! I am sure they will show it again between now and Sunday and with the help of one of the greatest inventions ever - the DVR, you should be all set. Click here to find out your viewing times.


Have you ever read "Heaven is For Real"? This book is again, beyond words. I read it about a year ago and it really touched me!! His story and descriptions made things come alive. The way that he describes heaven and Jesus - wow! The love that our Lord has for us and the glory we will receive in heaven is something that we cannot even begin to imagine!


I am proud to say that I have always had a strong relationship with God. Of course there have been times in my life when I have strayed from the path but never too far. However, in the past six months or so, I have felt as though my relationship has gone to a whole new level. The increasing thirst and hunger for his word and worship and wanting to share his love with others is exciting. At the same time, I have also been in transition with my career. Don't be confused, I have no regrets and more importantly no doubt that I am exactly where God intended me to be. However, there is a big question mark looming with the direction and future of my career. Due to that question mark, obviously alot of fear as well. And for someone who tends to be a bit of control freak (to put it mildly), this is a really tough and scary pill to swallow. 

While watching "The Bible" series Sunday evening, I felt so silly for my worries. God parted the Red Sea for Moses and his people....HE PARTED THE SEA!


Are you kidding me? He raised his son from the dead! But yet, I worry about not knowing the direction or path for my career? Given his resume, I think taking care of me and my career is small potatoes! He's got this so why do I even waste my time with worry? I guess the only answer is that I'm human. Every day I battle myself to not become consumed with the worry and fear. I feel as though I am in a time of transition and God has some exciting and possibly unexpected things in store for me! To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment