Monday, July 29, 2013

Mommy Monday - Cousins

I love big families - the bigger the better. We grew up without any cousins so the fact that Sophie already has cousins with hopefully many more to come, makes me extremely happy for her!

This past weekend we were lucky enough to have some of Jeff's family in town for the weekend. It was one big slumber party with people everywhere - especially kiddos. There is almost nothing that makes Sophie happier then spending time with her sweet cousins. I am sure the fact that they dote on her has nothing to do with it!


An added bonus is that we of course all get to spend time together and Jeff had time with his brother. When those two are together, it is as though they enter their own little world. It's kinda like catching a glimpse of what they must have been like together when they were younger. Makes me love and respect my mother in law even more - just kidding....kinda.

Some of the highlights from the weekend include me learning how much of a germ-a-phob I have become. We took the crew to our local spray and play park which also has a large community pool. Of course I packed Sophie's swimmies/floaties but guess what?! They don't allow you use your own floaties and instead you must use one of their lifejackets. You know - the ones that everyone and their brother have also worn? The ones that have probably never been cleaned? I could keep going but I will refrain. Please do not get me wrong because I most certainly do not think we are too good for them because we aren't. I totally get the importance of everyone wearing the same thing. But....the germs, oh the germs! And the way some of those straps on a lifejacket fit, it is just not places I think are meant to be shared with other people. Sophie on the other hand could have cared less and that is how I want it. I don't want her turning into a germ-a-phob like me....or my Mom. Thanks to my mom - I can also no longer take my shoes off in a hotel room but that is beside the point.

At the pool there were some pretty awesome inflatable obstacle courses floating in the deep end of the pool and of course we all had to try them out! However, they would not let you in the deep end of the pool until you passed a swimming test. I am not even going to lie.....watching Jeff pass the swimming test and go across the floating obstacle course was perhaps the highlight of my weekend......possibly my life!

I wish I had more pictures to share but I was too busy trying to keep the house from burning down and/or our new kitties escaping from one of the open doors that had been le. However, I truly would not have it any other way.  


No comments:

Post a Comment