Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mommy Monday - The Great Money Tree

I feel very safe in assuming that I speak for every mama when I say that they grow up too fast! Ever since I left for college, my Mom will hug me while breathing in deeply and telling me that she just loves my smell and how it reminds her of when I was younger. As with many things in life, now that I have a child of my own, I totally get what is saying!! I see all that Sophie is saying and doing and just keep thinking, when did she get old enough to almost be ready to go to school? Wait a minute....when did I get old enough to even have a child?!
 

I am certainly not interested in rushing anything along but school is right around the corner. Of course we have one more year of her preschool which she loves. We have been so blessed to have found such a wonderful place for her to grow over the past three years. However, ever the planner, I have already begun the great debate of where to send her to school!! Jeff and I both had a public school education and are strong believers in it! Sadly though, our world is just not what it used to be and our schools are often suffering because of it. Now, I know what we teach Sophie here at home about our faith in God and our morals and values. However, I feel that those beliefs are being ripped away from us to make room for a moral liberal society. As a result, my child is growing up in a world that is suffering and will continue to suffer because of it. This is one of the many reasons why we have been praying about where to send her to school. The great Easterday debate has begun - Public vs. Faith Based school for our children. Private faith based school comes with a price tag so therefore it is not such a cut and dry decision. Additionally, we hope to be blessed with more children and will of course do for one what we do for all. We do not live in denial and are of course totally aware that negative things and influences happen at every school. However, at a faith based school, they still have the Christian values and teachings serving as their core foundation.

In the meantime, Jeff and I have both been praying for direction on where to send Sophie to school. I have also told God that if he wants to work a miracle and sprout up a money tree from our backyard - I would totally be down with that as well. However, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that is probably not going to happen so we can't really put all our eggs in that one basket now can we?? I guess in the Fall we will start visiting some faith based and public elementary schools. We will also continue to pray for direction and maybe possibly....a money tree! That would certainly serve many purposes!

No comments:

Post a Comment