Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wifey Wednesday - Surprise!

Happy Wednesday!
 I am not even kidding that I have been going into blog withdrawl. Seriously, it is kind of disturbing how theraputic it has become for me but we have had alot going on lately so my blogging has been put on the back burner for a few days. 

I think all married couples will agree that celebrating is important in any marriage. Yesterday was Jeff's birthday and I was raised (thank you mama) with the belief that you do not just get one day for your birthday but instead a week long celebration. Since my husband inherited this responsibility and expectation on the day we said "I Do", it is only fair that he should also reap the benefits. With this being said, his birthday officially kicked off around 6:45 last Saturday morning. .

Jeff had the expectation that he was working all weekend until I woke him up on Saturday morning with the tall tale of a leaky toliet. Not exactly they way you want to be woken up but as he dashed into the bathroom fully intending to inspect a broken toliet he instead found two tickets to the Atlanta Braves game for that evening along with our hotel room reservation. I had also already taken care of my parents keeping Sophie for the night as well as the details regarding Jeff's absence at work. We were all set for our only second night away from Sophie in four years. Much needed would perhaps be an understatement.

At this point I would normally post pictures of our wonderful overnight getaway to Atlanta but I quickly realized that I -
A) Did not want to take the time to mess with taking pictures.
B) It would only be pictures of Jeff since I would have to be the one taking them and I wanted to document our evening together - no solo.

So instead - how about a picture from our AWESOME seats which were only a few rows up from the field.

We had a wonderful time would be a bit of an understatement. Truth be told, we could totally have stayed another night but hey - as all parents know, you will take whatever you can get whenever you can get it. It was a wonderful birthday surprise for him which was the best gift of all. To see the shock on his face was priceless and being able to somehow pull off this surprise was no doubt a miracle!

Happy Birthday to my most handsome hubby and very best friend! Thank you for just being you and one of the most amazing gifts God has ever blessed me with!



No comments:

Post a Comment