Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mommy Monday - Pack It Up

I learned a few things about myself this weekend on our trek to Knoxville to visit family and cheer on our Tennessee Volunteers.

First - I HATE packing! Like really hate it. I have never really given much thought to packing before because it has just always been something that I do. However, after working a full day and then rushing home to pack before hitting the road, I quickly realized how much I despise it because when I pack, I pack. It makes no difference to me if I am going for one night or one week because I will somehow take the same amount of stuff regardless. And while many people joke about my excessive packing skills, when someone needs something, guess who has it....this girl, right here! Of course now a days I am also packing for Sophie so it's double if not triple the work.

This suitcase has been through so much. When the day comes that it must retire (currently we are down to 3 wheels), we will hold a moment of silence and be sure to give it a proper "send off". This bag has been through five years of college, a honeymoon, weekend trips, business trips, and everything in between. She's been good to me and has held up through it all, especially being dragged, litterly dragged, down three flights of stairs over the course of the four years in college at our apartment complex because obviously it was too heavy for me to lift.


For all of my cosmetics of course. Even though we use travel size shampoo and shower gel, I still find a way to stock it full of goodies. You just never know when you may need your nail polishes with you in case of an emergency. And of course our "nice" clothes must be hung and not be folded when traveling.


Hmmm, I am now realizing that I should probably thank my husband for his muscles and patience. He did go on a work trip recently and I must admit, I was very proud of his packing skills so obviously something good has come from all of it. At least he is no longer carrying a plastic Wal-Mart bag for this trips!

Second - as nice as it was to enjoy the game day with my handsome hubby, I prefer going with my friend Lindsay.


Lindsay and I have gone to the games together since we graduated college. I love how we can cheer together, scream together, and then in the next breath are talking about how cute that girl's coat is or how we are just dying for a new pair of boots. Jeff likes to analyze the game from beginning to end and really did not share my love of dissecting the cute winter coats around us or the best nail polish color for Fall/Winter in between chants of Rocky Top. Who knew?!

Third, I like Cracker Barrel better during the winter time. Growing up I played competitve softball which means we were traveling ALL the time. We would always eat Cracker Barrel so still to this day, I am a bit burned out from it. However, we had breakfast there on Sunday morning with some of Jeff's family and it was so nice and cozy. The fire was going in the fireplace, the holiday decorations were up, and I realized that maybe there is something to this place afterall, in the winter time at least. And Sophie loved the rocking chairs!


Guess we will be adding this to her already lengthy Christmas list!  


No comments:

Post a Comment