Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wifey Wednesday - Season of Waiting

I have shared before about how I feel as though I am in a season of waiting and change. What exactly that change is or where it leads me is yet be seen but I do recognize what is happening and God's great work in progress. In the meantime, lots of patience and appreciating those encouraging moments and words of inspiration that God places in my life just when I need it. 

If you have not already checked out SheReadsTruth, do so today! They offer wonderful daily devotionals delivered to your inbox. And truth is exactly what they speak! The devotional I received yesterday morning was appropriately entitled - The Waiting Season.Thank you heavenly Father for speaking your truth to me through this devotional and reminding me of your great love and plan for me. It was as though this devotional was written especially for me but isn't that how our mighty and powerful Heavenly Father works?

My favorite part of the devotional was the following - "When we are forced to wait is when our flesh likes to take over. The waiting isn't just the hardest part, it's the growing part. And the gardener can't be rushed in this season. He won't be rushed in this season. Think of the waiting as labor pains. While we are waiting, we are changing - He's changing us in the waiting."

We are all waiting for something in our lives. It may be prayers for health, our children, spouse, jobs, but there is always something. During this waiting season he is calling us. He is calling us to him and begging us to give it all to him. He understands that we make mistakes and are are only human. Sometimes our flesh and human nature get in the way of letting him work his truth in our lives. Let him carry the burden, let him take care of it because we are his children and he loves us just that much. We must hit our knees and pray while humbly laying it at his feet at the cross. When we do this, when we completely let it go, he will give us a sense of peace. A sense of peace we did not know we could have during this storm or season of waiting. A sense of peace that can only come from our creator and Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Because he loves us that much. Because he would do anything for us - even die on the cross so that we could live for eternity with him in heaven.

I am going to choose to thank him for this season of waiting in my life. Thank him for the new doors he has opened.Thank him for the new seeds of faith that he has planted inside of me that have begun to grow and for those that have yet to even be realized. I know that during this season of waiting he is preparing me and I choose to glorify him and his plan for me. He is the author of my life, not me. Besides, the story will be so much better with him writing it!    


No comments:

Post a Comment