Thursday, May 9, 2013

Disney World Withdrawl

I believe the title of this blog says it all!! Jeff and I went to Disney World together right before we got pregnant and had a great time. However, this was our first time with Sophie and let me just tell you - it was a whole different ballgame. While we loved our time there when it was just the two of us, taking your child allows you to fully embrace the magic that is DisneyWorld. To see it through Sophie's eyes - there are no words to describe how AWESOME!!!

We visited all four parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot) and tackled Magic Kingdom for three full days. Anyone who says you can do otherwise is pure crazy. The highlight of our trip, without a doubt, would have to be the Princess Birthday Breakfast. I have a tendency to set unrealistic expectations for things but let me just tell you - this thing was beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I cried, my mom cried, Jeff even cried when he saw the pastrys and yummy breakfast. I had to keep reminding myself that this was for Sophie and not me. Afterall, I am a grown woman so I needed to at least try to play it cool.

The morning started off with Sophie's new Repunzel dress that we had specifically ordered for this very special occasion and had kept in the plastic until now. We topped the attire off with a princess bun, special sparkley birthday tiara from Gigi, jewelry, and of course her matching heels and we were off to see the Princesses.



Cinderella's castle looked like a real castle. No kidding, I thought there might be some things about it that were obviously fake but no - of course not!


We were welcomed into the castle by Cinderella's special helpers who directed us to Cinderella herself. She was greeting her guests and taking pictures. I am not going to lie, I mean afterall, this is the first time I have ever met Cinderella and she was just lovely. Sophie was a bit shy but Cinderella didn't seem to mind at all and told Sophie all about her fairy godmother. She even reminded Sophie not to lose her heel on the steps just as she did when she went to the ball.

Notice me trying to play it cool in the background!

I could not hold myself back any longer!

After our special meet and greet with Cinderella, we were all directed upstairs. The staircase twisted and twirled until we got the very top and entered Cinderella's personal dining area. We were directed to our own special table which was adorned with a very special birthday balloon for our little princess. The staff even greeted us as My lady and My Lord. I told Jeff not to get used to that too much.....just in case he was expecting otherwise.

Daddy and Jeff really became invested in the breakfast when they brought the big basket of pastries to our table - just to get us started. We did not have any food in Disney World that was anything less then yummy! When we got to the bottom of the basket, Jeff was ready to ask for more but I told him I did not think it was that kind of place. Afterall, this is Cinderella's Royal Table, not bread rolls from O'Charley's. Luckily, he agreed.

Within just a few minutes of starting our breakfast, Sophie was given a very special wand and wishing star from Cinderella's helper. Then, the princesses started rolling out faster than we could keep track. They came to each table, chatted for a few seconds, took pictures, and then on to the next. Amazing!





At the very end, each special guest was asked to hold up their wand and wishing star while repeating some magic words. During this time, stars glittered and lit up the ceiling. Perfect ending to our special breakfast.
As we left the castle, Sophie looked up at me from her stroller and with a perfectly straight face and stars in her eyes said - "Mommy, I really am a princess." Yup, money well spent wouldn't you say?!?!

The rest of the day was filled with princesses galore! We managed to track down both Repunzel and Belle since neither one was at the princess breakfast.


Just a few touch ups post breakfast before meeting Repunzel.

Pucker up for the camera!

After picture time with Repunzel, we found Belle at her house for Belle's Enchanted Story. This is brand new and MUST BE on the to do list for your little princess. Enchanted is an understatement. They have the children act out the story for/with Belle and at the end of the story whoever has been playing the role of the beast actually gets to dance with Belle. If your little one is not too shy, you have to make sure they snag the role of the beast! I swear that dance is like watching a Disney World commerical right before your very eyes.


While everything was of course amazing, I would have to say that my next favorite thing was the evening of the parade and fireworks. We had a perfect front row seat right on Main Street. No kidding, when the fairy godmother looked directly at Sophie, pointed her wand, and waved....I lost it. Could not even speak with the big lump in my throat and tears coming down my face.




Some additional highlights for Sophie would probably be getting her face painted as a Pink Princess Kitty -


Grrr!
And of course seeing Mickey, Minnie and all of the other characters!







She also LOVED Splash Mountain - her favorite ride!


You can barely make out the side of her face riding behind us with Poppy. She said she wanted to hold his hand in case he got scared!

Sadly, I think this is the only picture we were able to snag of our Disney World crew!


I have always loved Disney World - how could you not?! However, I never quite understood the obsession. Now, after experiencing the magic through and with Sophie, I am hooked! We are already looking to plan our next trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment