Friday, May 10, 2013

Fabulous Friday - What I Learned in Disney World


1) It is impossible for me to only pack 2 pieces of luggage for the three of us and not have it weigh more than 40 lbs! I need to just bite the bullet and pay extra money for another piece of luggage. Who am I kidding?! Otherwise we will be at the ticket counter rearranging the luggage into different suitcases while trying to evenly distribute the pounds. Yes, we were those people. Speaking of which, I think I may have found a new game show!

2) Jeff has major flying anxiety - bless his heart. I knew this and had remembered from our honeymoom but I had forgotten how bad it can be. You would never know he was nervous except for the fact that he was holding my hand at one point, I did losing feeling in it. Any slight bump or noise and he is like a deer in headlights. 

Trying to relax and distract him before takeoff.

Sophie on the other hand, loves flying! This child was not fazed in the slightest. She slept through her first landing and her second takeoff!  

She gets her flying skills from Gigi and Mommy.

3) I have always said I would love for Jeff and I be on the Amazing Race. However, in light of our recent travels, I must admit I am second guessing this bucket list item. Seriously though, I do think we would do great but a few details would first need to ironed out. First detail would be directions. Who drives and who gives the directions? As soon as they started the race, we would probably to be aruging about this detail in the parking lot before we even got in a car for the first time. We would not even make it past the start line - litterly.

During our trip, we got lost multiple times and let me tell you, after you have been at Disney World for 10 hours walking all day, this is the last thing you want to happen. Which means patience and spirits are wearing a wee bit thin by the time we would get lost. We would certainly need to work on our and map skills before joining the show. And maybe our tendency to be a bit hard headed at times....and by we, I mean my lovely husband. No worries though, I am sure he would tell you that I would need to work on my non verbal cues. Wait, haven't I already confessed that one on a previous blog?

4) My name is Nicole Easterday, and I am a minivan lover. If you listen closely....I think you will hear the gasps all around. Due to our large group, the rental vehicle obviously had to be a van. Since I was forced into this vehicle kicking and screaming, it sure is interesting how things turned out. 

This golden nugget had so many random storage spots and automatic doors. Yes, I loved it.

 Shhh - don't tell anyone I am loving it.

The good news is - I am still fighting the good fight. Having a van as your rental car is one thing but purchasing is another.

5) My child is a wonderful sleeper....once she is asleep. However, she has always been the type of child that is not able to fall asleep just anywhere. She has to been in her own room, with her sound machine, and everything just right to actually fall asleep. Needless to say, Sophie fights sleep. In Disney World though, anything is possible and all of your dreams really do come true!


One of my favorite sweet pictures from our trip - its a framer!

TGIF! Have a wonderful weekend!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment