Wednesday, May 29, 2013

MTW - Mommy, Tummy, Wifey Mash Up Part Two

Let me just tell you - toss a holiday in the mix and it just throws off my whole week. Don't be confused - I welcome it anytime but can you tell I am a creature of habit?! Time for Mash Up - Part Deux!

Mommy Monday
Sadly, Jeff had to work on Memorial Day so Sophie and I had a Mommy/Daughter day. I woke up early to squeeze in some work and then off to the zoo we went. We had such a great day together!

She named him John.

Sophie and her new friend were having a staring contest.
I would have loved to have taken this big guy home with us!

Even goats need a little pampering! 

Annnnnnnd they're off!

Action Shot!

She was very excited about the fox who shared her name.

We ended the day by planting some flowers that she had picked out herself. I thought this would be a good lesson to teach along the way because she loves helping me take care of all of my flowers. We placed the flower pot outside of her playhouse and she is so very proud!

Before and After. She is already starting off with better looking flowers then me!


Tummy Tuesday
I know that technically it is not yet summer. However, in my mind, when the average daily temperture consistantly stays above 80 degrees, to me this signals summer! So of course you have to have some yummy summer treats!

How about these bad boys?? They are soooo good to the tummy and so good to the thighs! They are Weight Watchers Ice Cream Sandwiches and are only 1 point per serving! I make a bunch of them at one time and then store in the freezer for a little treat whenever I need a "pick me up".


I made this Lemonade Pie for the first time last summer and WOW!!!! FYI - it is most certainly NOT a Weight Watchers recipe!


Enjoy!!


Wifey Wednesday
We are celebrating our 8 year anniversary this weekend since we had to raincheck from our original plans when we were in Disney World due to icky weather. With that being said - NO CLUE what we are going to do. We are in the mood for something different but again - no clue what. I think that after 11 years of celebrating together - new ideas are hard to come up with! Does anyone else suffer from this same problem? In all fairness, we have thought of some possible options but nothing that sounds exciting to either of us. Of course whatever we do will involve dinner but what to do afterwards??

Currently, we are in the process of researching some links I have found on Pinterest. Jeff was amazed because he did not know Pinterest carried these little tid bits of information. Obviously he does not go roaming around my Pinterest boards often or he would know better. Some interesting suggestions I have found -
  1. Make chocolate covered strawberries together (obviously they do not have kids bc otherwise they would welcome a night out with a free babysitter)
  2. Read a book together (Jeff reading me Sports Illustrated does not sound like fun)
  3. Bake cookies together (that is what we call Saturday night at our house)
  4. Play board games (we are too competitive and I do not see that ending well)
  5. Go for a long drive (does the author not have high gas rates where they are from)
  6. Visit garage sales (Jeff would rather mow the grass - this would be torture)
  7. Build a snowman (hmm - did you read my post above about summer time)
Anyways - I am sure you get my point by now. But - seriously, what was the author thinking??! Back to the drawing board....wish us luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment