Thursday, May 30, 2013

Random Thursday - Siskel and Ebert

1) I have a great relationship with my mother-in-law! This is only on my mind because she is coming to visit for a long weekend and I am so excited to have her. I realize that this is sometimes a rare and unusual thing when it comes to M.I.L.'s so I feel very blessed! Of course Sophie thinks her Nana is beyond amazing too!


2) A few months ago I was asked to do some part-time consultant work with a local company. I am not only thrilled to be doing something I love but am honored that they saw value in having me as part of their team. I am excited to share more as we relaunch the newly expanded team and social media sites in July.

3) We have new neighbors that we just adore. Sophie is in love with their sweet golden lab - Jake. He is wonderful because it is kinda like having our own pet with all the perks and none of the responsibility. Recently, they were kinda enough to loan Jeff and I a few DVD's from their massive collection and over the past week we have been enjoying them. If you have not already seen the three movies below, I would highly recommend that you make it a priority. Jeff and I both loved them to pieces! 

  "Dan in Real Life" with Steve Carell - AWESOME!!! Just a good movie of substance without any vulgar which is such a nice change of pace. He is a family advice columnist who is a widower with three girls (15, 13, 10 - whew) and unknowingly falls in love with his brother's girlfriend. Heartwarmer!!!


"The Impossible" with Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor is breathtaking! It is based on a true story about a family visiting a beach resort in Thailand when the catastrophic tsunami of 2004 happened. It will litterly take your breath away. It took alot for me to watch this movie because anything unpleasent with children rips my heart out and will stay with me for days! However, I am so happy I decided to see it and spoiler alert -
there is a happy ending! Knowing this detail is the ONLY reason I decided to watch it.


"Flight" with Denzel Washington was touching! You already know that pretty much anything with Denzel is going to be wonderful and this is no different. However, I am glad that Jeff did not see this movie before we flew to Disney World last month because he probably would have never stepped on the plane.

I am totally feeling like Siskel and Ebert right now doing movie reviews!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment