Monday, May 20, 2013

Mommy Monday - My Inner Mommy Lash Out

Let me preface - it is NOT my goal or desire of this post to sound like an old fuddy duddy lady. However, did you watch the Billboard Music Awards last night? I just feel like the tides have turned and I really do not understand it anymore. I respect the fact that artists will often feel the need to express themselves through their appearance. However, I feel as though that majority of those who did this last night were only doing so because they can and of course for pure shock value.

Miley Cyrus is beautiful. And Miley, I respect the fact that you are no longer a little girl and are a grown woman. I get the message loud and clear. However, you can be edgy and I think even a little punk rock without looking like a train wreck. I seem to have picked up on a bit of an attitude as well?

Speaking of attitude -
Umm really? Dude, you are 19 years old. You may think you are a big boy but you still have ALOT of growing up to do. As my parents would say - I think you are getting a little too big for your britches.

While we are on the subject of pants, the MC Hammer pants do not look good on anyone, anytime, any place.

I realize that maybe these thoughts stem from my inner momminess lashing out. I am well aware that all of the extremely talented people I mentioned above are officially "of age" and grown. Therefore they can make their own decisions. However, it just scares me to see what is becoming of the world my daugther is growing up in (heavens, that is another post all together). The images that will bombard her of "what's cool" when really it just all looks like a funny Saturday Night Live skit.

I guess this is all part of being a parent and raising your children. I am a firm believer that so much goes back to how a child is raised. The morals and values that are set and embed in them from the very beginning and to always have God at the center of everything they say, do, and believe. Most importantly, the power of prayer. Lots and lots and lots of prayers for Mommy and Daddy that we guide and teach her properly now so that we do not end up in straight jackets by the time she is 18 or that she does not end up tv looking like this -

I have some of those but thought they were meant only for my husband and in the privacy of our own home. Hmm, who knew, all these years I just could have been wearing them to work and the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment