Thursday, May 16, 2013

Random Thursday - The Little Things In Life

1) Today is Sophie's last day of school!! I am so incredibly proud of my big girl and cannot think too much about how fast she is growing. Otherwise, I may never stop crying!

First day of school

Last day of school.
 I would say this year she has, as you can tell, turned in to quite the little poser for the camera!



2) Did you know that the month of May is Skin Cancer Awareness month? Yeah, probably not but now you do! One person dies every hour from Melenoma. Obviously as a survivor myself, this is something I am very passionate about! Protect your skin and protect your children! Be smart, aware, and find a dermatologist to provide you with yearly body checks which are super quick and easy. Make note of moles on your body that seem to be new or changing. While Melanoma can sometimes be obvious due to unique color, size, and shape, PLEASE keep in mind that is not always the case and certainly was not with me. I had a completely normal mole which the doctor did not even think twice about. I believe his exact quote was - "Oh, it's nothing to worry about but we will go ahead and biopsy it just in case." Bad news - he was wrong. Good news - he caught it in time. For more information check out - The Skin Cancer Foundation Page!

3) Perfect lead in to share that this Saturday evening is the American Cancer Society Relay For Life event! We have a team and as always are excited to participate in the fun and celebration! It is not too late to make a donation to our team page. All funds raised go towards research, education, advocacy, and service. Every single dollar makes a difference and no amount is too small! Click here to check out our team page and make a donation. All donations are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

We relay to celebrate the survivors and honor those loved ones that have lost their battle. This is our way to fight back and make a difference!

4) Speaking of the weekend, (man I am really doing some great lead in's today!) we have a new mailbox that Jeff put up for us this past Sunday. As you get older, it really is the small things in life and let me just tell you - I was beyond thrilled for our new mailbox. We seriously had the ugliest mailbox on our street. You probably think I am being dramatic but I will prove it to you.

Told you! I could not take the  madness anymore and now I am proud to share with the world....our new mailbox!


I can hear the gasps and ohhh's and awww's as I type! I know I know, it's a thing of beauty and really does bring a tear to my eye. Now all we need to do is finish the landscaping and plant some pretty flowers. That is on the honey do list for this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment