Monday, February 24, 2014

Mommy Monday - Weekend Fun

What an insanely beautiful weekend!!!!
 
I love how we can go from sub 0 temps to eight inches of snow to 65 degree weather! And for the record, we will be dipping back into the 30's again in less then three days.
 
The weather this weekend had just enough of a hint of sprint in the air to lure you outside like a child in a candyshop. We cleaned out the garage, played, and I took Jeff on a field trip through the backyard to share with him all of the projects I would like to do this summer. I would think that this was the highlight of his day had it not been for this bad boy -
 

It finally happened! My precious hubby finally has his riding lawn mower. I swear I think he would have cut our grass yesterday if he could have! Sophie thought it was just the coolest thing ever and just had to take a ride on it! I would not have been surprised last night if he had of kicked me out of bed to make room for his new mower!
 
It's all fun and games until she is about 16 and gets in trouble for talking back and her punishment is  to mow the yard....with the pushmower! The travesty! That happened to me once when I was around 16 and I think in the long run it was my dad who suffered the most. Not only did he have to listen to me for 10 minutes (because that is as long as I lasted) whine, moan, and complain but he also had to go back  himself and remow after my disaster job. It was the last time my punishment was to mow the grass though!
 
Sadly, the mower comes at a price. Our precious neighbors and friends sold it to us because they are moving to Las Vegas to plant a church. God has been preparing them for this journey over the past few years and the time has finally come. I am so sad to see these sweet babies go!! Jeff has enjoyed having some boys around but not as much as my Sophie bug! She loves her boys and will miss them terribly!
 
We feel so blessed to have the opprotunity to watch the amazing things that God has in store for their family. Their brave strength, courage, and faith through this journey has been nothing short of inspirational. I will miss my sister in Christ but I know her and her hubby are going to do great things!!
 
 
Happy Monday!!
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment