Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wifey Wednesday - Snow Day Anticipation

I am sorry! I cannot seem to focus on anything else other then the fact that it has started snowing and we are set to get 3-5 inches of the beautiful white stuff.

Yes, thats right, I am about the equivalent of a small child right now. The way I see it, if it's going to be winter time, we might as well receive some snow out of it right?!

Yesterday I found myself getting nervous that we were somehow missing something of significance. I am not usually that person but yesterday evening became frantic when I arrived home and realized we were out of butter. Apparently I somehow thought that we would be stranded at our house for the next month with snow drifts covering the doors and starve because we have no butter. Afterall, how in the world would we make homemade cookies without butter? Priorities people! So after a very long day, I got back in my car and made a trip to the store for butter. And yes, it somehow did make me sleep better last night knowing that we had a nice stock of butter sitting in our fridge.  
 
Sophie has not really grasped the concept of what it means to get to play outside in a legit snowfall. And by legit, here in the south, that is anything above 3 inches. So with the forecast predicting 3-5 inches, you can only imagine how we are hunkered down and preparing for this "massive snowstorm" of 2014. I tried to tell Sophie that going sledding down a really good hill is kinda like a ride at Disney World except you don't have to wait in line or use a fast pass. Exactly the same right?

The last time we got "significant" snow was in 2010 when Sophie was almost one. She was none too thrilled with the concept.


This time around - we are much better prepared. Last night Sophie even laid out her snowsuit that we bought last year along with a sled. Both of which still have their tags on them.We are hoping to break them in and put to good use in the next 24-48 hours though!

Let's get this snow party started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment