Monday, February 3, 2014

Mommy Monday - The Longest Birthday Ever

Oh my goodness ya'll!!!
 
Soo much has been going on lately that I do not even know where to start!!! It has been like a wonderful and blessed hamster wheel of chaos! I am sure no one has been losing sleep over my lack of recent blog posts....considering I am probably the only one who even reads it anyways. However, since this blog serves as my therapy/virtual scrapbook it is nice to be back.
 
I was blessed beyond belief to celebrate another birthday about a week ago. You can say alot of negative things about facebook BUT it sure is nice to receive all those birthday wishes from friends and family. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Anyone who says otherwise is lying! Of course this only served as the icing on the cake to one of my best birthday's ever thanks to my wonderful hubby and most precious best little girlfriend. My family knows how much I like to drag my birthday out as long as possible so it is always wonderful to see them appreciating and supporting my endeavors.
 
A week before my birthday I came home to this precious site in my bedroom on a Frday evening after work.
 
 
Sophie had decided to throw me in inpromptu birthday party celebration upon entering my bedroom. She served as the event planner, set designer, costume director, coordinator, and producer. Whew! Yes, she has a gift people! She has the raw talent of being able to reach into my heart and litterly rip it from my chest and/or have it burst at the seems with my immense love for her.  
 
A path of pink washclothes led me to my birthday celebration where I had wrapped gifts, which had come directly from my closet, and beautiful ribbons and pictures serving as decor. I think it was a very modern/whimisical theme and I loved it! 
 
She was very proud of her production! I love how she paid such great attention to the details and even dressed for the party. I don't like to brag but really she is such a creative genius!
 
 
I also got to wear her special Birthday Princess crown along with all of my hair bows I received as one of my gifts. I don't care how old you are, a birthday princess crown is always a welcomed gift!
 
 
The following Friday, my actual birthday, I yet again returned home from work to open the door and find my sweet Sophie Bug and husband singing Happy Birthday to me to with a birthday cake and glowing candles, flowers, and beautiful cards.
 
 
Sophie got to spend the night with poppy and gigi while mommy and daddy had a birthday date night. Best gift ever - for all of us! The next morning I returned home from my spa treatments to find Sophie presenting me with probably one of the best gifts I have ever received - a mommy/daughter necklace. One for each of us to wear. Her's is a small heart that says daughter and fits inside my heart necklace that says mother. Yeah, I may or may not have dissolved into happy tears for the next 30 minutes or so. She was beaming with pride!
 
Yes, my friends.....blessed beyond measure!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment