Monday, October 7, 2013

Mommy Monday - Shopping and Hot Water

The weekend started with off such promise! Sophie and I decided to do a little Fall shopping since Daddy was working late. I truly do not know a better way to start off the weekend then by spending the money that was deposited into my account less then 12 hours ago. More importantly though, let me just tell you, my girl is a shopper!!

First, she just had to try on one my mommy's pretty work dresses befure we hit the mall!


Once at the mall, she wanted to "model" everything to see how she looked.


Sophie loves the glitter and sparkles. For some crazy reason I feel as though these two loves may cause us problems with her clothing selection during the teen years. Can't wait. However, for now it is still cute and fun but not quite cute and fun enough to actually buy the hat.

We did purchase a cute grey pair of fringe boots!


However, being the good little shopper that she is, she wanted to try on ALL possible shoe options. Afterall, a  lady can never have too many shoes. 

We had not even been home from shopping for an hour when out of nowhere Sophie was hit with a horrible fever. Looking back, I realize that maybe it happened in that moment when she was completely laid out on the carpeted floor of the department store. Probably a long shot because I am sure those floors are super clean but maybe that is when she picked something up.....

The good news is that there were alot of great football games on Saturday hunckered down, relaxed, and enjoyed the day while taking care of our sick Sophie Bug.

Bad news, our Vols lost....and it was heartbreaking!!! They played such a tough game against Georgia and we had them until those final few plays as so often happens in the big games. However, we are rebuilding our program play by play, game by game, brick by brick and after what we saw on Saturday, it is obvious that our spark has been reignited. We will be back on top again and its only a matter of time.

In the meantime, after those devestating losses, you can find my hubby sitting in the dark on the front porch contemplating life and it's true meaning with our TN Vols. 


He would so kill me for this picture but as I always say, that's what he gets for never reading my blog! In all fairness though, I may have also gotten a little out of control myself and have been "that" person continously posting on facebook about the game or "that" person tweeting things which were then followed by a disturbing amount of hashtags. Ok yeah, so I guess maybe I could have used a "timeout" on the front porch as well.  

Luckily, this Sunday was the week for our bible study group to meet. There is a never a better way to end my weekend and start my week then by sharing, learning, and growing with this group of amazing women. I have no doubt that God brought us all together to grow in fellowship and offer support. The impact that our little group has had on each of us is such a blessing.To be witness to the amazing things God is doing in each of our lives and how he is connecting us, there are no words. Weeks of praying for one another for specific requests and then seeing those prayers answered - there is nothing more powerful! If you are not already part of women's bible study group, large or small, find one! It is truly such a gift when we can come together as women to share our love for Jesus Christ along with our daily struggles and celebrations.

And finally, my weekend ended with this beautiful sight -    


Oh yes my friend. That would a quiet, candlit bathtub filled to the brim with soothing warm water. It's a beautiful thing isn't it? Even if I was in the midst of all Sophie's bath toys. Which by the way, Bath Time baby doll does not look to friendly under the flicker of a candle. She actually looked pretty creepy as she sat in the corner naked and staring at me as I tried to relax and read my book. And yes, rather than a relaxing glass of wine, that would be a jug of water next to my candle. I have a bit of a reputation for taking CRAZY hot baths and CRAZY hot showers. That is just how I like it - hence the water instead of wine. When I was younger and still lived at home, I would take such hot showers that it was regular occurance for the steam from my shower to set off the fire alarm located right outside our bathroom door. Like totally and completely normal occurance.  

One time my father in law once whispered to my husband - does she have feeling in her back? Apparently when I stood from sitting in front of the fireplace at his house, he caught a glimpse of my back which was beet red. I appreciate the fact that he whispered it to him after I left the room as though I had been carrying the burden of a horrible and dreadful disease that I had never shared with anyone other then Jeff. Point being, I like me some hot water! 

Now I am completely off topic and it is virtually impossible to find a way to tie it all back together and end this post. Sorry! 

Have a great day!!  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment