Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wifey Wednesday - Creative Date Nights

I always love a good date night!! Of course, they are fewer and far between now a days but we still love them! However, we do sometimes grow tired of doing the same thing - dinner and a movie. Maybe you don't have trouble getting creative with your date nights but we do which is why I love this article "10 Creative Date Ideas". We sometimes have a hard time thinking outside the box and they offer some great suggestions. 

1) Hit the Water! They suggest doing something in or around the water. On our honeymoon, I wanted to try paddling around in the ocean on this cute little boat but Jeff only made it about 10 minutes (at the longest) before talking about how uncomfortable he was. In all fairness, a little boat and a 6'5, 240 lb. guy is probably not the best combination.....for either of us! 

2) Game Night! Any type of games - board games, card games, whatever. Jeff and I are super competitive so I love this idea and maybe add a little bottle of wine to the mix....?! This could be a great idea for a date night "in".

3) A Little Sportsmanship! We spent a recent anniversary (after a nice dinner of course) playing/competing in a round of miniature golf followed by the batting cages and go-carts. It was not romantic but we still talk about how much fun we had that night!

4) Service Project! I like this idea more when doing it with Sophie and making it more of a family thing. 

5) Library/Bookstore Date! I love to read so I always enjoy a trip to the bookstore. However, Jeff is not so much of a reader but does love the sports magazine section at the bookstore so we could make this work. 

6) Hands on Date! Well of course you should be "hands on" with your date night...that is part of the fun! However, they are actually suggesting taking a class of some sort together. I know the painting classes are really popular right now but we have been wanting to try a cooking class together. I have always heard that cooking together is romantic and let's be honest - what can be more romantic then not having to clean up a kitchen after you cook? Heck, that will get me going everytime!

7) Window Shopping!  I am not sure why but I LOVE running errands and window-shopping with Jeff. However, this could possibly be one of his worst nightmares...or at least top five. For us a creative spin would maybe be to do this downtown around the holidays so we can browse the holiday window displays while sipping a nice warm cup of hot chocolate.

8) A Restaurant Hop! Jeff and I both love this idea and have always wanted to do it!! To be very honest the only reason we haven't is because once we get to a restaurant, we don't want to have to get up again so soon to leave. It is just so nice to be able to sit down and relax while having a meal that we don't want to have to get up and move again. I think anyone with a small child can relate to this feeling!

9) Photo Opp! Not a huge fan of this one just because I don't think that it really sounds all that great. In theory - yes, in reality - no. I can just see it leading to an argument because everytime I go to take a picture my memory is full on my iphone and then I have to go back and decide which pictures I am ok with deleting and was that enough to now take this picture?! Patience can wear thin during these moments - for everyone.

10) Picnic! Of course I love this because I am am a hopeless romantic. If you can do your picnic by water, even better! This is a must! 

If you want to read the more detailed version of "10 Creative Date Nights", click here.

Have fun!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment