Thursday, October 31, 2013

Random Thursday - Minute Clinic Remix and Disney on Ice

Yes, that's right, I recently had to make yet another trip to the minute clinic. And guess what for? Strep throat. The second time I have had it in 2 1/2 weeks. Is that even possible you ask?? Well, I am here to tell you, it is! Apparently it is really important to change out your toothbrush after you have had step throat. Told you I'm a natural blonde. It is easy to remember to do things when you are taking care of your child but when it's for yourself, how easily we forget!

So yes, I suffered another round of strep throat and it was just as miserable as the last time. Maybe a little worse because I was actually physically sick this time. Good times! Of course this meant another wonderful trip to the minute clinic. I knew how things worked this time around so we arrived 30 minutes before they opened to ensure that I was the first person in line. Well, when they FINALLY called me back, I was still the first and ONLY person in line. Just my luck - go figure. Once again the nurse practioner was wonderful but bless her heart. Oh bless her heart. As I am sitting there with a mixture of sandpaper and nails in my throat and feeling only moments away from death....she slides this bad boy over to me.

I glance at it long enough to tell her a 10 - it hurts like a 10 was all I could muster out. I wanted to use a few other choice words to tell her how it feels however I refrained. She then sweetly tells me that if it was a 10, I would be writhing in the floor with pain. Oh really?! Well considering that you have on your mask and all, I was concerned that may be a bit too much for you. However, I am more than happy to do it if that will help move things along a bit quicker. Again, I refrained and instead told her it was a 9.5 then. I think she got the point.

Hopefully, I am fully recovered once and for all! While our weekend trip to the pumpkin patch was derailed by the strep throat remix, we were able to squeeze in Disney on Ice - Princesses and Heros before I crashed. We had a great time!

 Girls night and Nana even got to come in town and go with  us!!

Sophie (A.K.A. - Minnie Mouse) was VERY concerned about how the princesses and princes walked up and down the stairs with their skates on.
Let's get this show or should I say ice on the road?! Bahaha - sorry, bad joke.

Nana even snagged a tinkerbell snow cone for Sophie bug. As you can tell, it was slightly tricky figuring out the best angle to enjoy it but proving she is my daughter, she stuck with it not wanting to let one inch go to waste. That's my girl!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment