Thursday, April 4, 2013

Random Thursday - Finding My Passion

I am blessed to have been born and raised in a Christian home.

Please mom don't kill me for this picture!

I have always loved God with all my heart and strive to live my life for him. However, as I have mentioned in previous posts, something has changed and shifted in my heart in the past 6 months. There is this burning desire and hunger to learn MORE, share MORE, do MORE. I feel as though I am entering a whole new chapter in my walk and relationship with Jesus and I know that burning desire and hunger is him working his will through me. 

During these recent months I have been in constant conversation with him of where do you want me? What do you want me to do? How do you want me to do it? I know he is leading me somewhere with all of this but he has yet to reveal where. Does he want us to sell everything, pack up, and move to Africa to become missionaries? Does he want us to just travel down the road and minister? I am so eager to do whatever it is that he is calling me to do that I think I sometimes loose site of the fact that he is obviously still preparing me for the journey.

Lucky for us God is so good and knows our every need. He often takes care of us in ways that we never even realize. For example, I follow some pretty amazing women through their blogs. One of the blogs I follow is Kelly's Korner. In her post this morning she shared a recent post from Beth Moore that really spoke to her. The post was entitled What would you look like? Well of course I was intrigued and had to check it out and wouldn't you know - her post talked about pretty much everything that I just shared above. She wrote about her journey with God and how we all have different passions for God and that is okay. We must discover our own passion for God and not compare it to others. So simple but so true!

Where does your passion for God lead you?

******

Sidebar - as I was browsing though Kelly's Korner I also came across the piece below. I have also seen it on Pinterest and love it so of course I had to share. Luckily I did not yet have on my non waterproof mascara when I was reading it. So very important to remember (the piece below and your waterproof mascara) - especially as a full time working mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment