Friday, February 8, 2013

Fabulous Friday - TGIF

TGIF TGIF TGIF!!!! Can you tell I am so happy today is Friday?! Remember those old school days with the classic TGIF TV lineup on ABC - "Perfect Strangers", "Step By Step", "Family Matters", etc.?!? Good times!

I digress - sorry! We have alot going on this weekend so of course I need to paint my nails! The only thing about paining my nails which I really do not care for is the post nail polish wearing color removal process. Maybe it is just me (which is always a possibility) but I hate having to sit there and scrub forever to remove the color - especially when it is a darker color. I found, on Pinterest of course, the most genius way ever to remove nail polish.

It now litterly takes me just a few quick minutes and the polish comes off as easy as when I am getting a mani/pedi. Love it!! And as a sidenote - Sophie and I recently had our first mani/pedi together and she loved it! She did such a great job and was such a big girl! I was a very proud mama to being sharing this girly girl rite of passage with her. We had so much fun and she is already talking about what color she will pick out for our next visit!

Here she is showing off her sparkly pink nails and sparkly green toenails. Can you tell she is proud?!

 One of the many things we have going on this weekend is registering our Relay For Life team. If you are not familiar with Relay For Life, it is a volunteer-driven American Cancer Society fundraising event. In addition to raising money, the event is held to celebrate the lives of survivors and remember those who have lost their lives to cancer. My life has been touched by cancer on so many levels. I have friends who have fought it, friends who have lost parents, friends who parents are currently winning the fight, and I have lost 3 grandparents to it. Most of all though - I am an almost 8 year cancer survivor!!! YAY!!!!

God is good, no matter the outcome and I feel so incredibly blessed that he chose me for this journey and testimony. For me, through Relay For Life, I feel as though I am able to fight this horrific disease while celebrating and honoring others. I also love the fact that it is teaching my daughter about community service and the importance of giving back.

If you have not already joined a team or are just thinking about attending the event - what are you waiting on? Do it already! If you are someone who has not yet responded to my email about joining my team - consider this a friendly reminder. haha! For more information, you can visit http://www.relayforlife.org/.

Have a great weekend!!! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment