Thursday, February 28, 2013

Random Thursday - Legend, wait for it, dary!

I love Random Thursday bc there is no rhyme or reason for anything I share!!

Random 1
One evening this week while visting Subway, I was reminded of how much I value good customer service. As I ordered the kids meal for Sophie, I made the wretched mistake of requesting flatbread for her sandwich but only bc it is easier for her to eat. Well let me just tell you, apparently it was the equivelent of requesting special golden bread that could only be acquired from the Great Wizard of Oz himself! The Subway "ladies" told me I most certainly could not have flatbread. No possible way and, wait for it..... there is not a button on the cash register for this request. In that moment, all hopes and dreams for that flatbread were ripped from me.

On top of everything else, they acted offended that I had made such an astonishing request. As I stood there with my mouth hanging open the following response played out in my mind - "Sooooo... let me get this straight. You are telling me that as a paying customer, I am not allowed to have the bread that I want for my sandwich. I am paying you money but cannot have flat bread that I want?" Of course what came out of my mouth was much more polite - "Well, I am sorry to cause a problem but I am more then willing to pay extra for it."  I felt fairly confident that paying the extra charge for the bread would not send our account spiriling into bankruptcy. At this point the girl (which I will refrain from describing in detail bc if you don't have something nice to say...) at the cash register rolled her eyes, huffed, puffed and then said with all the energy the she could muster - whatever, just do it. Seriously? Is this really happening right now? There may be a legit reason for the "no flat bread" rule, but I am not sure what it could possibly be. And to top it all off, wouldn't you know - the sandwich was not even that good!

Subway in Soddy Daisy, TN - no more sandwich for you!

Random 2
I have been undecided on my feelings for Jennifer Lawrence for quite sometime. After seeing her at the Oscars though, I ADORE her. I love how she handled her fall on the steps and I especially love her raw and pure reaction when meeting Jack Nicholson!

Speaking of which - what is it about that guy? Just something about him and his charisma - he's still got it. My favorite part is when he tells her that she looks like an old girlfriend and without  missing a beat she says - well, what about a new girlfriend?


Random 3
The History of Rap by Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake is LEGEND...wait for it....DARY! When watching this video, it is all I can do to not break out into some old school dance moves. A little running man mixed in with a bit of the roger rabbit topped off with the sprinkler?! Maybe I could be a backup dancer and do a wardrobe change for each song based on the appropriate era! 


Word to your mother!


No comments:

Post a Comment