Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tummy Tuesday - Valentine's Day Treats

Valentine's Day is the perfect excuse to try some treats I have been eyeballing on my Pinterest Board! The best part of all is that I don't have feel guilty about this food bc it's a holiday and all food guilt is null and void on holidays - in case you did not already know that vitally important detail. You are welcome!

Maybe bc we love red velvet anything in our house and/or maybe because we love brownies - this seems like the perfect combo!


We have new neighbors so I thought the brownines may be a nice treat to welcome them to the neighborhood. The best of both worlds bc we can still enjoy the fruits of our labor but will not be eating on them for days and days. I have found this is a great way to experiment with a new treat recipe. We leave only a few for us and then I toss the remaining into a fun little bag and give to friends/family/coworkers for a nice surprise. Always nice to snag a few brownie points (pun intended) right?! Everyone wins!

Sophie has her Preschool Valentines Day Party on Thursday and I found this cute little idea for Valentine Pretzel Buttons that I am going to try. It looks super easy and super cute - perfect for this mama! Plus, I love finding treats that Sophie can "help" with making for her class. She is so proud when bringing them to school and it gives us some fun mommy/daughter time.


Last year, Sophie and I made Valentines Marshmallow Pops for her party at school. Pink marshmallows, chocolate, and sprinkles - she was in heaven while helping to make them. The finished product came out great but were not quite as quick and easy as I thought they would be - or maybe it was just me which is always a very good possibility. Regadless though, totally worth it.


Guess we better get started on these goodies! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment