Thursday, February 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Best of the Best

I love anything old school - 80's and 90's of course! Thought I would post just a few of my favorite things - of course this could take all day but just a few for now.

I get so excited when hearing old songs, especially the ones that bring back memories. I would listen to this CD on repeat for HOURS while laying on my bed and singing at the top of my lungs!!!


Over Christmas we were at my parents house and found a whole storage bin of old barbie dolls and clothes. I spent hours going through everything! I loved the Heart Family and now its really neat that Sophie gets to play with them. However - the Heart Family Mom is no longer with us and that would be thanks to my Mom. In the second grade I did a project on Helen Keller and had to have a display to go along with my book report. My mom had the great idea to use Mrs. Heart babie as Helen Keller and she would black out her eyes with a pen. You know, so you could tell she was blind. Of course she promised that she would be able to get the ink off and return Mrs. Heart to normal once she returned home. At this point, I am sure you know where this story is going - Mrs. Heart never came back to us. When my Mom tried to remove the ink, she took off the whole entire eye!!!! I think I ended up getting some new barbies out of that mommy guilt she had so it ended up working out just fine! And I did get an A on my book report. Love you Mommy!




Last but certainly not least would have to be the CABOODLE!! Oh yeah, I totally rocked one of these bad boys in elementary school. This is exactly the one I had too.



I would take this to my slumber parties stocked full of lip glosses and fake makeup. Funny thing is - I think I could actually make good use of it now that I am all grown up and have real things to put in it. It had all those handy compartments that folded out - so cool!

Now, I think I am in the mood to go and listen to some 80's music while rollerskating!



No comments:

Post a Comment