Thursday, February 21, 2013

Random Thursday - From Apps to Housewives

I have made an executive decision to change Throwback Thursday to Random Thursday. As much as I LOVE reliving the old days with all sorts of goodies, it has gotten boring pretty fast! Instead I thought I would share some random thoughts that are flying around in this blonde head of mine. Sometimes random thoughts are my speciality!

Random #1
This morning I came across the One Thousand Gifts app and am going to try it out. Its from the NY Times bestselling book by the same name and is described as a way to slow down and capture God in the moment. The app provides inspirational quotes and a place to record your random thanks throughout the day. I have enough to keep up with as is but I am going to give it the 'ole college try and see how I like it! http://onethousandgifts.com/get-the-app

Random #2
As much as I really don't want to admit it...I love the Harlem Shake. I soo want to do one of those videos and have only choreographed about a million of them in my head since learning about it for the first time this past weekend. Apparently I have been hiding under a rock but luckily Jeff was kind enough to explain the concept to me when it happened during the basketball smack down of Tennessee beating Kentucky. GO VOLS!

Random #3
What is the deal with weight loss makeover pictures? Has anyone else ever noticed that the before picture is horrible with the "model" in an icky bra and shorts, greasy and  unwashed hair, no makeup, and a look on their face as though they are being tortured. The after picture will feature the model with a super cute matching bra and shorts, hair will be washed/highlighted and fixed, professional makeup, and a beaming smile as though they have just won the lottery!? Seriously, I would look a million times different too if that is how you presented me before and after! Anyone is going to look better "after" regardless of weight loss!!

Random #4
I read Reality Steve. I am not even going to post the link bc I do not want someone to accidently come across it. I know it bugs alot of my friends but I try to keep the details to myself. I enjoy knowing the ending so I am more aware of what to watch as the story unfolds.

Random #5
I love almost all reality tv!!! It offers me an escape and relaxtion...not sure how but it does. One of my favs is the Real Housewives. I watch every single city and everytime they show previews for a new cycle, I always think to myself how much I would love to be in one for our city!!! I like to think I would represent myself and my family well. However, that is probably what they all say and I feel certain that it would almost ensure the fact that I would not receive an invite back for the 2nd season. No drama = no contract, right?!



I told you had some random thoughts!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment