Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wifey Wednesday - Learning As We Go

Jeff and I have been together almost 12 years now and married 8 of those 12. I am blessed that God put such a wonderful husband, father, and partner in my life. However every year I learn more and more about how you constantly have to work to keep your marriage strong.

About 6 months ago, I found the cutest little idea for Jeff and I to share together. This project was so easy (right up my ally) and is something that we continously use to communicate thanks to each other. http://www.acontenthousewife.com/2011/12/love-message-board-tutorial.html



We have our frame sitting on a table in our upstairs hallway and there is nothing I love more than coming around that corner to find a surprise message from Jeff. Recently, we have even started incorporating Sophie into the messages and that always puts a smile on our face bc the reasons a three year old will tell you she loves you are HILARIOUS!!

We are currently doing a marriage series in our Sunday School class and this past Sunday they spoke about the different roles for men and women in their marriage. It was one of those times where I felt as though God was litterly looking at me and saying - ok Nicole, are you listening or what?! We all have "things" we need to work on and one of mine is the fact that I like to be in control. One of my flaws as a wife is that often times I try to step in and control a situation when I need to be stepping back and letting my husband take the lead. I need to support him in his leadership as the head of our household. Sometimes my actions speak louder then my words and our daughter is watching me every day. Sophie watches our communication and more importantly how I speak and act towards my husband. Which is why I need to remember that there is only one person who can steer the horse. I need to sit behind him and support him which is often times an even more important role then doing the steering. Sometimes I may even need to reach around and help steer but at the end of the day, there is only person who can ultimately be sitting in the "drivers seat".

Thought a little pic of me and Jeff would be nice however it made me realize that I also need to do a better job at taking pictures of me and him. The one below is from 2011 Christmas - Whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment