Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wifey Wednesday - Date Night

Based on the title of today's post, you are probably assuming that I'm referencing date night for Jeff and myself but you are wrong. As much as I love those nights and as important as they are, I am actually thinking of a date night just as important but slightly different - Daddy/Daughter date night.

I was very blessed to have grown up with a wonderful Daddy!


Even today, as a grown woman, I am still a Daddy's girl and always will be. I think that as I grow older, I become even more of a Daddy's girl! Many of my special one on one time with my Dad came on days when I would go to work with him as he ran his errands or when he would travel with me for my softball games bc mom would be home taking care of my twin brother and sister. Can you even imagine? Whew! They were  pretty cute though!


Being a business owner, Daddy had alot of flexibility with his schedule which allowed for him to really always be there for us. On many occasions when we were riding around with him, he would pull over to help someone with a flat tire or a car that had run out of gas. Other times, I remember him randomly pulling off to the side of the road and picking flowers for my mom. Or just holding me, when as a 24 year old woman, I had just been diagnosed with cancer and was rocking back and forth in the floor unable to control my tears.

Ok - so you get the picture. He is pretty awesome (and not too shaby looking either!) and I am a pretty lucky girl! Point being - my relationship with him shaped my view of men and my relationships with them. He set the standard high so therefore I grew up expecting a man to treat me with love and respect and would not settle for anything less. 


Cue my hubby!

One on one time with your children is of course vitally important. However, the one on one time between a father and his daughter is exceptionally special. Jeff has had many daddy/daughter days with Sophie but only recently took her on their first official date! I made a big production of letting her select her outfit for the date and then getting ready. Ok yes, maybe with a little guidance from me bc her white summer sandals are just not appropriate in February but she picked it out for the most part. She was giddy with excitement - can you tell?


And yes, the fact that Daddy always insists on coke, a big tub of popcorn, and M&M's may have possibly had a little something to do with her excitement level.

Regardless though - the importance of him beginning these date nights are invaluable. I always thought that if I saw my husband looking all handsome and taking out another beautiful lady I would be jealous. However, in this case, it truly could not make me a happier wifey! I must admit, as a wife and mother there is truly nothing more attractive than your husband embracing his role as the Godly husband, father, and leader in your home!






No comments:

Post a Comment