Friday, February 1, 2013

Fabulous Friday - Zumba!

I am obsessed with Zumba!! If I had the time (so hard to remember what those days were like) I would be at Zumba class every night. For now though as a working mommy to a 3 year old - my Zumba happens on Saturday mornings only. Such a great start to the weekend and I love that feeling I always have when I leave. You know the feeling where you have endless amounts of energy and feel like you are about 3 sizes smaller then you actually are.

I am lucky enough to take the class with a few friends so in addition to all the sweat, I am also guranteed to have about 45 minutes worth of solid laughter! Now I will admit that there are times when I have flashbacks during a particular song of the 'ole college days. Its as though I am there all over again shaking what my mama gave me and let me tell you - she def gave me something to work with. Then, during my dancing and thoughts of how I could totally be on "Dancing with the Stars" or "So You Think You Can Dance", I will accidently (and trust me this is purely by accident bc goodness knows I have been avoiding it) catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and wow. It looks a little something like this.


Now you understand why we laugh so much during the class! Totally worth it though bc I burn more calories during my Zumba class then if I spent the same amount of time running/jogging. And yes - that is true! I recommend that you try it if you haven't already. Not only is it a great change of pace but also a great way to spend some time with your girlfriends while staying healthy. You can even visit this link,  http://www.zumba.com/en-US/parties/search/ and find local classes in your area! As women, keeping our heart healthy is VITALLY important bc Heart Disease is our NUMBER ONE killer! I don't know about you, but I plan on being alive to see my grandkids get married so Zumba on!

No comments:

Post a Comment