Monday, June 24, 2013

Mommy Monday - Best Mommy Night Out Ever!!

My life will now and forever more be referred to as "Before NKOTB" and "After NKOTB".
BEST.MOMMY.NIGHT.OUT.EVER!!!

We started the evening off with room service - which is one of my most favorite things to do when staying at a hotel!! After a long day at work, we had to make sure we had plenty of fuel for the best night ever!


I am not even kidding that between Boyz II Men and NKOTB this was a concert experience in the making for well over 24-25 years...seriously! I was never able to attend when I was younger because we were always traveling with softball. The trifecta of perfection happened and on Thursday evening of last week - it finally went down. And by "went down", I would be referring to me rocking my vintage/throwback NKOTB tshirt while screaming at the top of lungs singing every single song (with goosebumps on my legs from their beauty and magic) and dancing for 3.5 hours....in wedges. The next day my legs and body felt as though I had run a marathon! It did make for a long day at work the next day but totally worth it!
When we doing it again?


I loved the sense of camaraderie between all the girls attending. Our eyes would meet while walking through Philips Arena and a smile and nod would acknowledge our respect for one another. We knew this was a special night and we had to make the most of it while our husbands balanced babysitting duties at home with the children.




There are no words to describe the magic! I litterly felt myself at times wanting to cry out in pure joy and happiness and of course the freedom!! Oh the freedom to act a fool! Yes, it is true that we may or may not have contemplated running off to find their tour bus after the concert. However, we thought her pregnant belly may through them off a bit. Instead, we opted to walk back to our hotel and enjoy a good nights rest while we each stretched out in our own bed...alone. Ahhhh - it was a beautiful evening I tell you - just beautiful!

We came, we saw, (we almost left on their tour bus), we conquered!





No comments:

Post a Comment