Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wifey Wednesday - Time Well Spent

I think one of the most important and healthy things you can do as a married couple is to spend time apart from each other with your friends. This gives you an opportunity to refresh and reenergize. Often times, when I do have time with my girls, by the end of the night I am missing Sophie and my hubby and am reminded of just how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends and family.

For me, spending time with our friends has been one of the harder things to do since having Sophie. Because I am a full time working Mommy, I feel guilty being away from her if I am not at work. I feel as though all of my free time should be spent with Sophie and anything less is just not good enough. Logically I know that this is silly but when you are battling the mommy guilt, it's a tricky thing and will mess with your head! On top of the mommy guilt, it is hard to find time for all of us ladies to hang out together due to busy and conflicting schedules. When it does happen though, it's like magic! We have a blast, wonder why we don't do it more often, and are refreshed to return home to our responsibilities! Sometimes it is nice to be reminded that I am still an individual person and not just a wife and mommy....even though those are two of the titles that I am the most proud of! As hard as it is to make happen, I know that the time away sends me home as a more balanced wife and mommy!

With this in mind, I am so beyond excited to be heading to Atlanta after work tomorrow to attend the New Kids on the Block/Boyz II Men/98 Degrees concert with one of my best friends, Lindsay (I am pushing the mommy guilt down as we speak)! To say that this moment together, with these bands, is the trifecta of perfection....would be a bit of an understatement. I think this occasion will qualify as quality time spent with friends while reminiscing with songs that carried us from elementary through high school.







Now I just have to decide on something to wear that will accurately display my love and affection for them without screaming "restraining order".

Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment