Thursday, June 20, 2013

Random Thursday - To Die For

1) Today is set to be the longest work day ever. After work, I am hopping on a jet plan (not really, just my car) and headed to the ATL to spend time with one my best friends at the NKTOB/Boyz II Men/ 98 Degrees concert. To say I am excited is a wee bit of an understatement!

2) While out shopping with my mom and Sophie over the weekend, I came across a pair of shoes that made me feel something that I have not felt in a long time. Much to my extreme dismay, they did not have them in my size. So of course I did what any normal person would do and sprinted over to the sales clerk, grabbed him by the front of his shirt, and in a possessed voice told him I had to have these shoes in a size 9 - where were they?! Ok, so maybe that just happened in my head and in reality I was totally normal about it but regardless, he sensed the urgency. I think he may have been a bit scared to deliver the news that I could only get them online. Needless to say, by 9pm that evening, I was the proud new owner of a pair of Jessica Simpson wedges.

To die for right?!

3) Jeff, Sophie, and I were having dinner last weekend at a Japanese restaurant so there were multiple couples at our table. We were fortunate enough to sit next to a very young and very...hmm, how should I say it....vibrant couple. They had on their wrist bands from where they had been attending the week long music festival that our city has every year. They were no doubt headed that way after dinner based on their attire. Their conversation went a little something like this -

Her: "Oh, my side is hurting so bad."
Him: "Oh baby, I am so sorry (as he proceeds to grope her because of course that will make her side feel better). You know I just cannot stand to see you in pain. You have to go to the doctor."
Her: "Ohhhhh,nooooo! You know I like cannot even stand to like to sit in those doctors offices and wait for like ever!." 

Then I hear -
Sophie: "Mommy, gross!! Why are they kissing so much?! Eww."

Then I wanted to lean over and say to the young girl -
Me: "Don't worry sweetie...it's probably just gas."
But you will be glad to know I didn't.

Then, Jeff and I had one of those conversations with our eyes that you can only have with your spouse after being with together for so long. You know the kind where you never speak a word but yet have said it all? Those are the best kind of conversations and remind me why I love him so much!

Happy Random Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment