Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wifey Wednesday - Happy Eight Year Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!! Well, I must admit it is was a delayed celebration but we still celebrated! After must deliberation last week on what to do and where to go because we wanted something different....everything ended up being perfect. And the kicker is that we pretty much did what we always do. Afterall, when you start the night off with a free babysitter and no curfew - you have pretty much already accomplished a successful evening before you even leave the house!

This was one of our first pictures together. We look so young and obviously it is was back in my tanning days!

We met on Memorial Day weekend 12 years ago and were set up on a blind date by our friends. I had just gotten out of an intense relationship and was not interested in dating anyone....isn't that always when it happens?! Jeff was moving back to Knoxville for the summer before leaving in August for a new college where he would continue his baseball career. I figured why not?! Some of my girlfriends were going with his teammates and I certainly did not want to sit at home by myself. Luckily I had two friends who put their heads together and found a guy on the team they wanted to set me up with. Afterall, I had always had a weakness for baseball players!

One of our last pictures before he left for school.

After an amazing summer hanging out with each other and our friends - we decided we were in this thing. We wanted to try to make it work even though he was leaving for school to play ball and would be four hours away. He was just close enough to be able to drive and visit every now and then but yet just far enough away to not be able to see him all the time. Long distance is tough work but we made it! After 4 long years apart, we had both graduated college, and were finally living in the same town planning our wedding.

Dresses and pictures have changed so much since we got married in 2005!

God is good and I have no doubt he put this man in my life as my parter and best friend. Marriage is not easy. It is really hard work and there are many hurdles along the way - life happens! However, marriage is ordained by God and sent to us as a special gift to celebrate and enjoy. I know that as long as we keep our heavenly Father at the center of it all - we will live happily ever after. Besides, there is no one else I would want to share all of this with! He now has way too much blackmail on me now - haha! :)



LOVE HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment