Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wifey Wednesday - It's Not About the Nail

Last week Jeff and I had a bit of a disagreement. What fueled the fire is that our communiction styles are just so very different - as is the ongoing trials and tribulations of men vs. women. I will admit that I was also stuck in this hamster wheel of our argument and just could not shake it. Suddenly, I realized I needed to just stop and pray. Pray for patience and pray for my blood pressure to lower so I did not stroke out. Only a few minutes later I randomly came across the two pieces below which made me laugh (there by lowering my blood pressure) and think. Isn't God simply amazing? He always knows what we need and when we need it. He ALWAYS provides!

It's Not About the Nail is a hilarious video about just how differently men and women are wired. I swear, it was like looking into my own home! The chick just needs to be blonde and a TV on ESPN in the background and it could have been us.



This second piece is beautifully written! "How I Know I Married the "Wrong" Person" - the title alone was intriguing enough so I had to check it out.


He shares this piece that he has written to his wife on their second wedding anniversary. He speaks about how in today's society and with all the influences around us, we sometimes expect our spouse to be perfect but this is not the reality or how God really intended marriage to be. We must love and forgive just as God does with us every single day.

Maybe it is just me but sometimes it is so easy to get wrapped up in "life" and the negativity. How easily we sometimes forget what our real focus should be so it's nice to come across a funny video or an article to make you laugh and put your feet back on the ground again. God is good....and so is my hubby!



No comments:

Post a Comment